The Sermon of the Apple-Seed
1. From the branch of a tree Our Lady plucked an apple, and She split the apple in two halves, so that the five-pointed star formed by its seeds might be seen. 2. And She removed the seed representing the topmost point, and held it in the palm of Her hand. And She spoke, saying:
3. Like to this apple-seed is all the teaching I have given and shall give to you. 4. Like to the full apple is all the knowledge relative to your sphere of being. 5. Like to all the other apples of the tree is the knowledge relative to all the numberless spheres.
6. But behind these spheres lies a deeper reality; changeless, beyond the impermanent flux of time. 7. For even as the apple turns from bud to bloom, from blossom to the fruit; ripens, matures, decays and is reborn; 8. So also shall the spheres and galaxies, the subtle realms, the sure and solid earth; so shall all these in their season pass away, and in their season be reborn again. 9. Thus has it been ten thousand times before, and countless times again, thus shall it be.
10. But knowledge of the Truth beyond this flux is like to knowledge of the tree itself, which changes not while the fruit is born and dies. 11. Like to the spreading boughs is the Love that sustains all creation which is fallen from pure Spirit. 12. Like to the bole is that Spirit Herself, from whom all creation flows. 13. And still beneath the branches and the bole lie the roots in darkness, like unto She that is beyond both being and unbeing; 14. and even as the tree’s roots are not seen, so can there be no knowledge of the Absolute; for to know Her is to have passed beyond knowing.
15. And from this tree of all knowledge and of the boundaries beyond which knowledge can not pass, I have given to you but the seed of one apple.
16. For I am come that you may have deliverance. 17. There are many questions concerning the nature of things and of being whose answers you may know, or partly know; and many whose answers lie beyond the understanding possible to you.
18. But I am not sent to discourse with you upon these matters, but to lead you to deliverance in perfection. 19. And all the knowledge that shall bring you to deliverance is contained within the seed of an apple.
20. Yet within the seed is the essence of the tree, and from the seed the whole tree may unfold. 21. So from essential Truth unfolds all other knowledge, even as the music of the spheres unfolds from a single note.
22. Therefore when you think upon the questions of life, of time, of seasons or the spheres, contemplate first the seed of Truth, and let your thoughts unfold from that seed. 23. Let the pure and single note of Truth attune your soul. Then shall mind rise up into soul, and soul breathe the breath of Spirit.
24. This do, and your thoughts shall be harmonic with the universal music of Eternity. 25. But let your thoughts grow from lower or from lesser or from merely accidental things, and they shall wax rank and dissonant; 26. For it cannot be that the Tree of Life shall grow from the seed of a nettle.
27. If her thoughts are bound to accidental things, the soul cannot attain to liberation.
28. Dissonant and jarring with eternal Harmony, the little sphere is severed from the great.
29. Seek not for certainty in any thing beyond the seed of Truth. 30. That the sky is above you and the earth below; that you breathe and eat and move – to these and to many things must you give your assent that the life of the world may proceed. 31. Yet even of these there is no certainty, for the world is but a dream from which you must some day awaken. 32. Within the world you may be certain only of that Truth which my Mother has given from beyond the world.
33. Therefore know you well the sacred Mythos and the words that I reveal to you, 34. And let your knowledge dwell not only on the surface, but go deep into the inner soul; and let this knowledge be the seed of all your knowing. 35. For the sacred Word cries not in the market-place, but whispers in the heart of every soul that truth which she alone may understand.
36. It is not needful that you should seek knowledge of the highest things outside the sacred Mythos and My words. 37. For I have revealed to you all that is needful that you should attain liberation; and what I have not revealed, that is not needful.
38. But if you shall discourse on that which is not needful, I give to you three words. Let you not become forgetful of them: 39. that there can be no certainty beyond the seed of Truth, therefore you may speak of likelihood only; 40. that you shall let your speculation be harmonic with the seed of Truth, for speculation that is dissonant gives not knowledge, but leads to the abyss of those that have rejected Truth; 41. And you that have care of My children, let them not become confounded by dissonant thought and work.
42. But beyond all else is this word: that the purpose of speculation is that mind and soul shall grow with the seed of Truth, 43. and any discourse that leads away from inward love of Truth; be that discourse high and pure, be it even harmonic, yet it is the spawn of khear, and you, My children, shall turn from it.
44 Yet be not afraid, for the seed of Truth shall be your guide and your protector and shall bring you to deliverance. 45. And I give to you one word which shall conquer every danger. 46. That word is love, and the humility that flows from love. 47. Receive with love the seed of Truth and all things shall be well.
From The Gospel of Our Mother God, The Sun Daughter Press, ©2008, reposted with permission by The Sun Daughter Press
One thought on “The Sermon of the Apple Seed”